The X6-GTX is our most technical, waterproof, breathable hardshell jacket.
The X6-GTX comes equipped with a separate, lined collar to keep your neck warm even with the hood down, and a chin patch covering the inside of the zipper. Side pockets are easily to reach, even with a pack on, and the hem is cut to make clipping in with a harness on simple. Zippered chest pockets are laminated on with Napoleon-style access, inside and out. Gusseted underarms provide uninhibited arm movement for the highest demands of technical climbing. When you need to seal snow out, yank on the one of the drawcords on either side of the bottom hem and tighten it up.
- Harness-compatible, asymmetric torso length
- Helmet-compatible hood with 3-way adjustment and laminated brim
- Comfortable, laminated neck collar
- Soft, laminated chin patch
- Gusseted underarm with pit zips
- Zippered, pack-friendly side pockets
- Laminated interior, Napoleon-style chest pockets
- Waterproof exterior zippers
- Contoured sleeves with articulated elbows
- Laminated hem and cuffs
- Hem adjustment with single-pull draw cord
- Main fabric: GORE-TEX Pro 3-layer laminate,
70 Denier, 156 g/m2
- Reinforced fabric: GORE-TEX Pro 3-layer laminate,
150 Denier, 173 g/m2
- Weight (sz 50): 524 g / 1 lb., 2½ oz.
- Wash separately at a maximum of 40°C, Do not bleach, Tumble dry medium heat, Iron medium heat, Dry clean using any solvent except Trichloroethylene
I really like this jacket, it's a well made functional layer shell. It has excellent Vislom taped zippers and a great fit. I would recommend this jacket for any extreme out doors athlete.
An excellent, lightweight, fully bombproof, and well thought out storm shell for alpine climbing when its wet and wild out there. I've used this jacket while guiding for my company Lotus Alpine Adventures; on ice climbing days in the Colorado backcountry, stormy ascents of Cascades peaks in the PNW, on the Chamonix Mont-Blanc Massif, and on South American summits, and it has proven a trusty layer, keeping me dry and providing a solid layer of protection from wind and snow.