Consider yourself forewarned. The Quasar is destined to be your new favorite puffy built with PrimaLoft Silver for incredible, water-resistant warmth.
The Quasar is a great puffy sweater using PrimaLoft Silver that blends 40% PrimaLoft with 60% water repellant down. It's as light and warm as down, but retains 94% of its warmth when wet and dries 4x faster. This ultra-light weight hoody works equally well as a stand-alone piece or a mid-layer. Where abrasion is inevitable, the shoulders and around the hips, micro-quilting keeps the insulation from shifting, maintaining warmth. Knit cuffs seal weather out at the wrist so we must warn you, this will probably become your new favorite piece. When on the move it stuffs down into its own hand pocket.
- Micro-quilting in lower torso, low-profile areas
- Bonded edges around the hood
- High-reach gusseted underarm
- Elastic cuffs seal out weather
- Hem draw-cord tightens backside only; keeps front smooth
- Pack-friendly hand pockets
- Zippered internal chest pocket
- Hoody stows in left hand pocket
- Main fabric: 100% Nylon Ripstop, 37 g/m2, 20D, DWR, Cire/ non-coated
- Lining: 100% Nylon Taffeta, 47 g/m2, 30D, W/R, Cire (down-proof by construction)
- Fill material: Primaloft Silver; 60% water-proof down, 40% Primaloft
- Wash at a maximum of 30°C with mild treatment, Do not bleach, Tumble dry delicate, Do not iron, Dry clean using any solvent except Trichloroethylene
This jacket is the best! It is incurability warm, super light weight and packs up into the pocket. it's the perfect layer to take along on hikes and rides. I also love that it is not down, so I don't worry if it get a bit wet. The jacket dries out like a champ and just keeps on going!
The Quasar has the perfect, light fit, with room exactly where you want it but not where you don't. It is my go to jacket for adventures where packable storage is meek. My favorite for bike packing and extended mountain bike days at altitude. No doubt it will end up in the pack for hanging out at the crags. Love the new colors too.
The Quasar Jacket is the perfect coat for the frigid winds that roll through the cornfields of Ohio. It has become a necessary part of my everyday wear this winter. The design of this jacket is what I love the most; it fit me perfectly. From the fitted hood, cuffs, and waist to the lightness of the weight, this truly is the best jacket I have ever worn. I like the big zippered pockets, the waterproof material, and the draw-cord that tightens the back of the waist. The winning design quality is the way that the jacket fits into the inside-out left pocket to become a small, easily carried package. I am always looking to save space in my pack while exploring! This coat definitely does the trick! The top 3-5 inches of the inner zipper is lined with a felt-like material. When I zip the jacket all the way up, the zipper isn't rubbing on my face. Even the style is an attractive feature! Does it keep me warm? Let me answer that question with a big, YES! My sister borrowed this coat and said she has never worn a coat that was this warm! I agree with her!